adapted from Pillsbury’s “The Complete Book of Baking”
Yield: 12 (1/2 c) servings
6 c sliced apples (usu 3 Granny Smith)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp water
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 c sugar
1 c rolled oats
1 c all purpose flour
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix apple mixture together in bowl.
- Mix topping mixture together in second bowl.
- Place apple mixture in ungreased 8 x 8 pyrex (brownie pan).
- Top with topping mixture.
- Bake 375 F for 25-35 min.
- Enjoy with whipping cream or ice cream.
NOTE: Can also use sliced peeled peaches or blueberries for the apples.