NOTE: I don’t know if this is the original recipe, but it sure is good! 🙂
3⁄4 cup cornmeal
3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
3⁄4 cup sugar
7 ounces creamed corn (1/2 can)
2 ounces diced green chilies, drained well (1/2 can)
1⁄2 cup butter
1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together all ingredients in the order given.
- Pour into greased 8″ or 9″ iron skillet.
- Bake 35 minutes. Insert toothpick- if it comes out clean the corn bread is done. If not, continue baking & check every 5 minutes with a toothpick.
- Serve warm with Maple Butter.
1 lb butter
1 cup maple syrup
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Allow butter to soften to room temperature.
- In mixer, (use a paddle attachment if available) whip butter & Salt until creamy.
- Slowly drizzle syrup into mixture until well blended.