Adapted from KAF.
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) soft unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/8 teaspoon coconut flavor OR lemon flavor OR orange flavor
OR 1 tsp vanilla extract
OR 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment.
- Mix all the ingredients, by hand or mixer, until a well-blended, cohesive dough forms; this will take about 2 minutes at medium-low speed in a stand mixer.
- Drop the cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet (a teaspoon cookie scoop works well here), leaving 1″ between them; these cookies won’t spread much when they bake.
- Use a fork to flatten each cookie to about 1/4″ thick, making a cross-hatch design.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, until just browned on the bottom. The tops will not brown. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Yield: 22 cookies.