2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cups white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 small can LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp orange zest
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Optional – add glaze.
COMBINE 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.
- Add pecans and raisins to batter.
- Add chocolate chips to batter.
- Use cream cheese frosting instead of glaze.