Recipe from What’s Cooking America.
Chocolate Crinkle (Kringle) Cookies Recipe:
Recipe Type: Cookies, Christmas Cookie, Chocolate
Yields: 16 cookies
Prep time: 30 min
Fridge time: 1.5 hours
Cook time: 18-20 min
2 tablespoons butter (1/4 stick)
1/4 c Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder (or 4 oz unsweetened baking squares)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup powdered (confectioner’s) sugar
1. Melt butter and cocoa over medium heat.
2. Add sugar.
3. Add eggs.
4. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Dough will be soft.
5. Stir in walnuts.
6. Fridge for 1.5 hours or overnight. (If you want to make it later, roll dough into balls and freeze. To use out of the freezer, let thaw for 30 min, dip in powdered sugar, and then bake as per directions below).
7. Preheat oven to 300 F.
8. Prepare cookie sheet lined with silpat.
9. Roll dough into 1.5 in balls, dip in powdered sugar (be generous!), and place 2 in apart on cookie sheet.
10. Bake 18-20 min. DO NOT OVERBAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yields 12 cookies.