Makes: 24 cookies
Takes: 10 minutes
Bakes: 13 minutes
100g unsalted butter
100g brown sugar
75g white sugar
1 large egg
175g rye flour (Hodgson’s)
150g chocolate chips (Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips)
100g chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 tsp salt (Kosher)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream butter and sugars in kitchenaid.
- Add egg. Mix.
- Add flour and salt. Mix.
- Add chocolate and nuts. Mix.
- Use 1.5 in cookie scoop to make balls. Place on cookie sheet lined with silpat. I got a dozen cookies on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes, the sides of the cookie will be brown, the tops lightly golden, but they will NOT looked cooked. These cookies do NOT spread. When you take them out of the oven, they will look EXACTLY the way they did (shape-wise) as when you put them in. All in all, these are very ugly cookies. But, they taste great!
- Right out of the oven, let the cookies rest on the silpat for a minute. Then just pick up the silpat and set it on a cooling rack to cool all the rest of the way.
- For the second batch, I use a second silpat.
- Enjoy with a tall glass of milk!
NOTE: Using a kitchen scale, this is a one bowl recipe. Yay, no clean up! 🙂