From Bobby Flay.
Because I bought manchego cheese on sale from Costco and don’t know what to do with it.
Bowl 1: 1/4 c flour, salt, pepper
Bowl 2: 1 egg, 1 tbsp water, salt, pepper OR yogurt, salt, pepper
Bowl 3: 1/4 c bread crumbs, 2 tbsp ground almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Cut manchego cheese into lego sized one inch pieces.
- Dredge in bowl 1, then bowl 2, then bowl 3.
- Place cheese stick on cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bale 5-7 min until cheese is soft and light brown.
- Serve with garlic dipping sauce.
GARLIC DIPPING SAUCE
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp sherry vinegar OR rice wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
- Saucepan on stove on medium heat.
- Add oil.
- Add garlic, let brown.
- Remove from heat, add vinegar, salt and pepper.