1 stick butter
3 cloves minced garlic
1 package Philadelphia cream cheese (NOT LOW FAT!! OR ANY OTHER BRAND!!)
2 c whole milk (can replace with 2%, half and half, or cream, but not skim)
6 oz finely shredded Parmesan cheese (NOT KRAFT!!)
salt to taste
pepper to taste
nutmeg to taste
- NOTE: have pasta ready before making sauce
- Heat butter on stove over medium heat.
- Add garlic.
- Add room temperature cream cheese. Whisk. Get it as smooth as you can.
- Add warm milk. Whisk till smooth. DO NOT boil.
- Add parmesan. DO NOT bring to boil or it WILL separate. Whisk till smooth.
- Take off heat.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Sauce will get thicker as it cools.
- Add sauce to pasta and enjoy!