translated from here
125 g flour
125 g butter
250 g sugar
200 g dark chocolate
1.25 tsp yeast
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt chocolate in saucepan with a little water.
- Take the saucepan off the stove, add butter, flour and yeast.
- In separate bowl, beat together egg yolks, sugar and a little water; add to the chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites until frothy. Add to chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into buttered pan with high sides and bake for 35 min.
- Add icing sugar or melted chocolate to decorate the top of the cake if desired.
NOTE: This is a translation from a French recipe. When I try this recipe out, I will add more details. I realize that it could use more details. I’ve never seen a recipe for a yeasted chocolate cake, have you? I find it very unusual.
NOTE: Recipe comments say 200g or even 175 g sugar is sufficient for this recipe. One person said 125 g of sugar was sufficient. I’d taste it and go from there.
NOTE: People bake times varied from 25-40 min. I’m guessing this is because they changed the amount of sugar in the recipe.