3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, minced
1 stalk celery, minced
1 carrot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups water
1 can kidney beans
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, or 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup spinach
1/2 c frozen corn
1⁄2 cup small shell pasta
- Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Saute onion, celery, garlic, in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add water to pot, plus tomatoes, carrot, hot water, and spices.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves, corn and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency.