2 tsp olive oil
1 big onion, sliced
3 heaping tbsp brown sugar
1/4 c water
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp salt (add to taste)
1. Warm oil in saucepan.
2. Add onions.
3. On low heat, let cook but not brown for around 10 min.
4. Add brown sugar. Let cook for around 10 min.
5. Add half the water and all the salt. Let cook for around 10
6. Add the other half of the water and all of the balsamic
vinegar. Let cook around 10 min. Consistency should be syrupy.
7. Store in jam jar; lasts about one week.
Onion Jam (big batch)
4 tsp olive oil
4 c sliced onions
2 c brown sugar
1 c water
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
1. Warm oil, add onions. On low heat, let cook 10 min without browning.
2. Add water. Let cook 10 min.
3. Add brown sugar and salt. Let cook 10 min.
4. Add balsamic vinegar. Let cook until the vinegariness boils off and it’s nice and syrupy.
5. Store in 1 lb jam jar. Enjoy!