From Saveur and Madhur Jaffrey
1⁄4 cup oil
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1⁄4 tsp. fenugreek seeds (methi)
12 fresh or frozen curry leaves (limdo)
9 cloves garlic, 3 halved lengthwise, 6 minced
1 yellow onion, minced
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. red chile powder, such as cayenne
1⁄2 tsp. ground turmeric
1 (2″) piece ginger, peeled and grated
Kosher salt, to taste
3 lb. baby spinach
- Heat oil in a 12″ nonstick skillet over medium-high.
- Cook cumin seeds until they pop, 1–2 minutes.
- Add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, and halved garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add onion; cook until golden, 10–12 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, the coriander, chile powder, turmeric, ginger, and salt; cook until garlic is golden, 2–3 minutes.
- Stir in spinach; cook until wilted and slightly dry, 6–8 minutes.
NOTE: This was terrific. Even the spinach haters in my family loved it. Five stars!!