2 egg whites
1/2 c ground almonds
7/8 c powdered sugar
1/8 c granulated sugar
1/2 oz (about 1 tbsp) rice flour
1 tsp almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Use nonstick jelly roll pan, cover with silpat.
3. Beat egg whites for 3 minutes on high in kitchenaid mixer.
4. Let rest for 4 minutes.
5. Fold in (by hand, not with mixer) remaining ingredients.
6. Drop by tablespoons onto silpat. Macaroons will expand a lot, leave room between them.
7. Bake 15 minutes.
8. LET COOL COMPLETELY ON BAKING SHEET. If you try to remove while hot or warm, macaroons WILL break.