1 tsp olive oil
1 c chopped onions
(1/4 c chopped jalapenos)(optional)
3 tsp brown sugar
1/4 c water
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp salt (add to taste)
1. Warm oil in saucepan.
2. Add onions (and jalapenos).
3. On low heat, let cook but not brown for around 10 min.
4. Add brown sugar. Let cook for around 10 min.
5. Add half the water and all the salt. Let cook for around 10
6. Add the other half of the water and all of the balsamic
vinegar. Let cook around 10 min. Consistency should be syrupy.
7. Store in jam jar; lasts about one week.