Recipes from a German Grandma
Makes fragile, light, tender lemon cookies
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. Bakers’ Ammonia
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg white
1/2 cup milk
2 1/4 tsp. lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line cookie sheet with silpat.
- Thoroughly combine the flour, salt and Bakers’ Ammonia. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add egg white and beat until light.
- Add flour mixture to shortening mixture alternately with milk.
- Add lemon extract.
- Roll out and cut into 3″ squares.
- Bake about 8 minutes.
Yield: 6 dozen thin cookies.
NOTE: Recipe is easily halved or quartered.
NOTE: I THINK THIS RECIPE IS BASICALLY THE SAME AS THE LEMON CRACKER RECIPE ON MY BLOCK (WHICH SUCKS). SO DON’T MAKE THIS, OKAY?