2 packages frozen chopped spinach
1/2 small onion, finely diced
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
3 tbsp heavy cream
1/8 tsp nutmeg
salt to taste
- Thaw and drain spinach. Chop again.
- Over medium heat, add oil to pot, then onion and cook, then spinach and cook. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, add butter to pot.
- Add flour. Cook until pinkish.
- Stir in cream. Cook until thickened.
- Add spinach and onions.
- Add salt to taste and nutmeg.
- Cover, heat over very low flame, stir once or twice.
WITH THE LEFTOVERS:
- Add 2-3 pcs chopped pickled artichokes.
- Add 1/4 c cheddar cheese.
- Add 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 shredded clove garlic.
- Place in small container and cook in oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes, until bubbly.