1.5 packages frozen spinach
2 tbsp butter
1/2 lb ricotta cheese
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3 tbsp flour
1/3 c grated parmesan
- Cook spinach in heavy pan until just heated through.
- Drain well. Chop fine. Press into towel to get rid of excess liquid.
- Combine with butter, ricotta, salt and pepper to taste, and mace.
- Cook 5 min or so over very low heat, stirring well.
- Remove from heat. Stir in beaten eggs, flour and parmesan.
- Cool and refrigerate for 2 hrs.
Forming the gnocchi:
- Form into small bowls or cylinders about 1.5 in long, and roll in flour.
- Bring water to boil in large pot (gnocchi should not touch during cooking) and add the gnocchi.
- They are done when they rise to the surface.
- Remove at once and drain.
- Serve with plenty of melted butter and parmesan.