Aka: Ghol Dosa
This recipe is EXCELLENT for breakfast.
Think of it as a sweet breakfast crepe.
1 c powdered jaggery
2 c boiling water
2 c wheat flour
1 c rice flour
1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
oil for shallow frying
- Heat jaggery and water over low heat. Simmer until thoroughly blended. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Sift together rice and wheat flour.
- Make a well in the center and add jaggery syrup..
- Combine to a thin pouring consistency. You may need to add water. Think – think pancake batter.
- Let sit overnight at room temperature.
- Next day, make for breakfast – cook like you would a pancake. Serve hot with butter or ghee on top.