No, I’ve never been able to make an omelette properly. They tend to turn into scrambled eggs.
The below recipe, however, works well for me.
1 egg, large (2 if you are hungry)
chopped onion (handful), cooked
chopped cilantro (handful)
chopped jalapeno (small handful), cooked
shredded cheese (handful)
- Heat medium size (10 in) omelette pan over medium heat. Add a touch of oil and butter (if you like) to the pan.
- Mix egg, salt, pepper and paprika in bowl until uniform consistency.
- Pour egg into the pan. You should hear a small sizzle sound.
- Swoosh around the egg, but DO NOT MIX IT (this will scramble it!).
- When egg looks stable and omelette-like, flip it over.
- Over half the omelette, top with onion, jalapeno, and cheese. Let cook.
- Fold the uncovered half of the omelette over the uncooked half.
- Take omelette and put it on dish. Microwave to melt cheese (15-30 sec, depending on your microwave’s strength).
- Top with cilantro.
- Enjoy with ketchup and cholula. Or salsa. Yum!