1 whole loaf of bread (I use the hoagie rolls they sell in Sams’ Club for something like 5 for $4)
1 stick butter, room temperature
1/2 tsp salt (to taste!!!!!!! amount is approximate!!)
4 cloves garlic (to taste!!!)
1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (or bottled italian seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix butter, salt, garlic, and rosemary until well blended.
- Cut slices in hoagie roll vertically, not all the way through.
- Place hoagie on aluminum foil on top of cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Stuff slices with spoonfuls of butter mixture.
- Top hoagie roll with any leftover butter after stuffing the slices.
- Roll up the aluminum foil around the hoagie. It should be completely covered. You can use a second sheet of aluminum foil if you have to.
- Bake covered for 30 min.
- Uncover hoagie roll. Bake uncovered for 15 min.
NOTE: You can also add cheese to the butter mixture – cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack.