Amended from Junior’s Cheesecake Recipe
2 packages Honey Maid graham crackers
2 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp butter, room temperature
1. Pulverize the above ingredients.
2. In 9 inch springfoam pan, line bottom and two inches up the side with the crust mixture.
CHEESECAKE (ALL INGREDIENTS BELOW MUST BE AT ROOM TEMPERATURE):
4 8 oz packages Philly Cream Cheese (FULL FAT, NO SUBSTITUTIONS)
1 2/3 cups sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 tsp pure lemon extract
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 big lemon – all the zest, all the juice (filtered)
1. Put all ingredients into a Kitchenaid, and mix well.
2. Stir in the Oreos, don’t crush them though.
3. Pour batter into springfoam pan on top of crust.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F.
5. Place deep pan (like a broiler pan) into the oven. Place the springfoam pan inside of it. Fill the broiler pan with hot not boiling water until it half covers the springfoam pan. This is to keep your cheesecake from cracking.
6. Bake cheesecake for 1 hour, until top is golden, outside edge is firm, and middle of cheesecake is still jiggly.
7. Take the cheesecake out of the water bath and set it on the counter. Let it sit for two full hours. Leave it alone and don’t touch it. It will continue to cook and the middle will stop being jiggly at the end of those two hours.
8. Refrigerate the cake overnight. It tastes better that way.
Your cheesecake is finished. ENJOY!!