This is the simplest, easiest, cheapest, healthiest, most classic American recipe for French toast.
2 slices wonder bread (classic white)
2 eggs (you can use one if that’s all you have)
dash (very small!) salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/8 c (just a splash) milk
1. Mix eggs, sugar, salt, and milk until integrated.
2. Place slice of bread on unheated skilled. Turn on stove to medium heat.
3. Put egg mixture onto bread by spoonfuls. the bread will collapse. That is okay. Get it all the way to the edges.
4. Let cool until the egg mixture solidifies. Dribble some oil on the top. Flip over the bread. You should hear a sizzle letting you know it’s done on the bottom side.
5. Dribble some oil on the other side as well. Let brown and sizzle. Flip over a second time and let lightly sizzle.
6. Take off stove and enjoy.
Makes two slices of French toast. Serves one.
Enjoy with maple syrup and powdered sugar.