Recipe is for 12 cupcakes. I bake in a nonstick 12 cupcake pan with paper liners. Bake time may vary for you if you do something else.
1.5 c all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp room temperature butter
1 1/8 c sugar
2/3 c buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix butter and sugar on high in kitchenaid until fluffy.
2. Add eggs. Blend on high until fluffy.
3. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt. Blend on low until fluffy.
4. Add buttermilk and vanilla extract. Blend on low until fluffy.
5. Add flour. Blend on low until cohesive dough forms.
Bake 350 degrees for 25 min.
Remove from pan, let cool.
Frost when completely cool.
Lasts 3 days in the fridge, a month in the frozen (unfrosted! or it gets nasty).
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 1/3 c powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Blend on high until fluffy.
Putting it all together:
Pile frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart Cupcakes book.
NOTE: If you frost cupcakes the way I do, you will need to quadruple your recipe. ;P