TAMALES DE ELOTE
Makes 1 dozen
What you need:
Corn husks (for wrapping) – 12
Butter, unsalted, softened – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
corn meal, blended – 2 c
Salt – 1 and 1/2 teaspoons
Heavy whipping cream – 1 cup (warm or it will mess up the butter)
Frozen corn, blended – 2 c
Sugar – 1/2 c
1. Put corn husks in a large bowl of warm water to soak.
2. Put butter, baking powder, corn meal, salt and sugar in kitchenaid. Mix well.
3. Add cream. Mix well.
4. Take out one corn husk. Put 1 heaping tbsp mix in middle. Fold up, down, left, and right. Your have a folded tamale! Arrange in steamer basket. Prepare pressure cooker for steaming use.
7. Steam the tamales in a for 30-45 minutes.
8. Remove tamales and let cool. Serve warm, or refrigerate. To re-heat, unwrap tamal from corn husk and place on a comal or in a frying pan with a little oil. Cook on both sides until browned – now you have a tamal frito!
Serve with tomatillo salsa and sour cream.
Note: AMAZING! Sooooooooooo goood! Make a bunch of tamale packets and keep them on hand for when you’re having Mexican. Just warm up and serve!